Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wednesday Women: Via by Andie Lea


The universe of this Wednesday Woman is not actually safe for work: The media coverage of Fifty Shades of Grey often tried to sell us that there was a certain default way for this genre, with the woman being the submissive. This made me curious about the story behind, and the woman in Andie Lea's Through the Eyes of a Male Submissive (the work of a fellow Eternal Press author nominated for a Pulitzer Prize!) Andie Lea is my guest today and tells us more about her approach, and Via.
There's a giveaway with this blog as well (a $50 gift card for either Amazon or Barnes & Noble, will be up to the winner) and as usual you need to leave a comment before next Tuesday noon EST plus some kind of contact information in case you're the lucky winner! Thank you, Andie!


Next week, you'll find Rose Montague and her leading lady Jade in this space.
 ~ ~ ~


Before the blogging adventure begins, I would just like to take the time to fore-warn you that I am not much of a blogger and this may suck! PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!

A little over a year ago, I discovered that writing books was something I wanted to make a career out of. I didn’t realize this decision had been so serious (I have made career choices before and never persuaded them!) until after the publication of my first book, Through the Eyes of a Male Submissive. I mean, here I was, a debut author who took a stab at getting her name out there.
I am the type of person that once I complete one goal, I am reaching for another one that is bigger and much more challenging. One could say that my to-do list is one-hundred miles long, but quitting is definitely not in my list of vocabulary words.
In order to reach the goals I have set now (which is to further my writing career), I enrolled myself to an online college for a Bachelor’s Degree in Creative Writing. I’m not completely certain where life will take me after that point, but right now I am just along for the ride.
I know what you must be thinking…why in the heck is she rambling on and on about her goals?! Not to worry, I promise to have a valid point. It’s the secret to life. Are you ready for it?
NEVER GIVE UP!
Now, before you start rolling those eyes and swearing at me…hear me out. I had failed numerous (and I mean countless) times before finding a publishing company to accept my work. My writing, along with my mind, had to mature before receiving that acceptance.
I learned the hard way that if you want something in life…YOU are the only one who can obtain it. Don’t be afraid to go after what you want in life. Set your fear aside, go for it, and celebrate once you get what you want. (Believe me, it feels amazing!)
Be prepared for some bumps along the road. It took me nearly six years to figure out my path. Four of those years were wasted with a guy who definitely did not deserve my attention. I had to “find” myself again after my relationship had (thankfully) ended.  
Whatever you decide to do in life, make sure to wear your suit of armor because you will get knocked down a few times, or quite a bit.

Aside from writing books, I tend to juggle a lot on more than one plate. I am the strong and supportive listener my friends turn to when they are upset or just need to vent. My high school sweetheart has recently became one of my best friends…is that weird?
I was afraid to start talking to him again because I did not want my heart-strings to attach themselves to him. It is a little too late for that now. I have formed an attachment to him, but not in a way most would assume.
Yes, we dated for four years in the past…and yes, we have seen each other without a single article of clothing on. As immature as both of us can be at times, we have been mature enough to move on from the relationship we had in the past…well…the bad parts at least, the good parts are still worth the memory!
Talking to and being around him again brings the kid out in me. It truly surprised me how much he remembered between us (good and bad) seeing as how he is such a forgetful person. Before you get that smirk on your face and start to assume that we want each other back, keep in mind that we have no intentions on putting that kind of stress in the relationship we have with each other now. If…later on down the line…we decide to “try again,” then we will. As of right now, he isn’t emotionally stable to take on a committed relationship with a woman and I am still at the ‘I don’t want a man’ stage in my life.
I’m not saying that I don’t love him enough to try…because I do…but both of us have to be ready and willing to take that leap. We don’t need anyone falling on their face. Which would be easy for us to do since we are equally clumsy!

I have never been the one to fall head over heels in love. You could say I’m too stubborn to allow a man to sweep me off my feet. I try my best to portray that in my female lead characters. I want them to be strong and able to hold their own. The damsel in distress bit is over-used!
Right now, I am working on the sequel to Through the Eyes of a Male Submissive. Readers will get to know and understand the female lead character (Via) a lot more in this book since it’s mainly in her point of view. It’s one of those books where you don’t necessarily have to read the first book in order to pick up on what’s going on.
Creating and developing characters is one of my absolute favorite parts when working on a new storyline. Right now, Ryan and Via (characters from Through the Eyes of a Male Submissive) are my favorite. I have been working with them for well over a year now and I know them quite well. At this point in time, their adventures are just beginning and I’m not certain when their final chapter is.
I put a lot into a book, making characters as real as I possibly can. The characters are real to me and that’s how they should be to everyone else. I am currently working on two other writing projects, as well as my sequel to Ryan & Via. It’s a lot of work, but I absolutely love keeping more than one plate full at a time.
Speaking of plate…I could definitely go for some Chinese food for dinner tonight! You see what my ex-boyfriend has to put up with on a daily basis…my scatter-braininess! (But he loves it…otherwise, he wouldn’t keep coming back!) HAHA!
Alright, my ADD is kicking in which means I should wrap this up!! Thank you Barbara Winkes for inviting me to blog with your followers today! If anyone would like to follow myself or my work, visit me on Facebook!




1 comment:

  1. The author is a beautiful bright talent woman.
    Michellenewnan10312@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete